- These Terms and Conditions (subsequently called “Terms”) govern your access and use of the virtual event platform (subsequently called “Platform”) organized by Global Forums AS. Your access to and use of the Platform are conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using the Platform, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
1. Basic Terms
- By invitation, Global Forums AS offers registered users exclusively of legal age the opportunity to participate in virtual events on the Platform. The time and duration of these events are at the sole discretion of Global Forums AS. You may use the Platform only if you are able to form a binding contract with Global Forums AS. If you are accepting these Terms and using the Platform on behalf of a company or other entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so.
- Any usage of content or services going beyond what is explicitly offered on the Platform requires the previous approval of Global Forums AS.
- You are responsible for your use of the Platform, for any content you post, and for any consequences thereof. Global Forums AS distributes user-generated content to other users only if this content does not violate the law or these Terms. Global Forums AS reserves the right to remove user-generated content without prior notice if this content violates the law or these Terms.
- Global Forums AS offers access to a virtual event with no guarantees regarding entering into an employment contract. If you do enter into a contract through the Platform, Global Forums AS is not involved in this contract, and is thus not a partner in this contract. You are fully responsible for any contract you enter into through the Platform; Global Forums AS cannot be held liable for any breach of contract.
- Registration is required before using the Platform. You may register only if invited by Global Forums AS. Previously registered users that have not been invited to an event can be excluded from participation by Global Forums AS.
- You warrant and represent that all information provided at registration is accurate and complete, and that you are of legal age. During the period of active participation in the virtual event, you are obligated to announce any change in information provided at registration to Global Forums AS without undue delay. Users can register only once.
- By completing the registration process, you submit an offer for a contract concerning the usage of the Platform. Global Forums AS accepts this offer by activating the user account for participation in the virtual event. Through this acceptance, both parties enter into a contract.
- At registration, you must enter a password. You are responsible for safeguarding this password, and agree not to disclose your password to any third party. Global Forums AS shall not disclose the password to any third party and Global Forums AS shall not ask for a user’s password at any time. You must notify Global Forums AS immediately if you become aware of a breach of security or unauthorized use of your password.
3. User Rights and Responsibilities
- You are required to provide accurate, complete, and non-misleading information within your Platform profile and within any communication with other users. You are not allowed to use a pseudonym or an alias.
- When using the platform, You must comply with all applicable legislation, and respect all third-party rights. In particular, you are prohibited from:
- propagating offensive or defamatory content directed at other users or at other entities,
- using, promoting, or distributing any pornographic materials or any content that violates any applicable legislation for the protection of minors,
- using or cultivating anti-competitive actions, including progressive canvassing (e.g. chain or pyramid schemes),
- using without authorization any content protected by law (e.g. by copyright, trademark, patent, utility patent, or design patent laws), or advertising, promoting, or distributing any goods or services protected by law,
- unreasonably annoying (particularly with spam) any other user,
- conducting the following activities, even if they are not against any law:
- – explicit or implicit sexual communication,
- – usage of mechanisms, scripts, or software in combination with the Platform, unless explicitly allowed by Global Forums AS,
- – actions which may impair infrastructure, particularly actions which may overload said infrastructure, or actions which may impair the Platform in any other manner.
- You may report any activities of any other user which violate applicable laws and/or any of these Terms.
4. Global Forums AS Rights and Responsibilities
- All right, title, and interest in and to the Platform (excluding content provided by users) are and will remain the exclusive property of Global Forums AS and/or its suppliers. The Platform is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws. Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use the Global Forums AS name or any of its trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features.
- Global Forums AS and its suppliers is entitled to take the following actions at any time if there is concrete evidence that a user is breaking laws and regulations, the rights of third parties, or these Terms, or if Global Forums AS has other legitimate interests:
- deletion of user-generated content.
- limitation and/or blocking of access to the Platform.
5. Changes to the Platform
- Global Forums AS reserves the right to modify at any time the services offered on the Platform and/or the right to offer services different from those offered at the time of a user’s registration.
6. Contract Termination
- These Terms will continue to apply until the contract formed is terminated by either you or Global Forums AS as follows.
- You may terminate the contract with Global Forums AS at any time without cause. To terminate the contract, you must deliver a termination notice to Global Forums AS which includes your registered name and the email address you registered with.
- Global Forums AS may terminate the contract at any time upon good cause. A good cause is defined as an event which makes it unacceptable for Global Forums AS to continue the agreement to the end of the termination period, after taking into account a user’s individual circumstances and weighing the interests of Global Forums AS against the user’s interests. Good cause may include any of the following events:
- If the user fails to comply with any applicable legal provisions,
- If the user breaches a contractual obligation, in particular an obligation set forth in Sections 2 and 3 of these Terms,
- If the reputation of the services offered on the Platform is substantially impaired by the online presence of the user (e.g. if it is discovered after registration that the user has been convicted of a criminal offense, and if said conviction is known to other users,)
- If the user promotes any communities or associations (or any of their methods or activities) which are under surveillance by authorities responsible for public safety or the protection of minors
- If the user causes harm to any other user(s).
7. The Platform is Available “As-Is”
- Your access to and use of the Platform or any user content is at your own risk. You understand and agree that access to and use of the Platform is provided to you on an “as-is” and “as available” basis.Global Forums AS strives for as high of a Platform availability as technically possible. However, issues such as maintenance, security, capacity, public telecommunication networks, power failure, or software and hardware defects may lead to short failures in the availability of the Platform or parts thereof. You agree not to make any claim concerning availability of the Platform.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Global Forums AS provides access to and use of the Platform without warranties of any kind regarding any data and/or information provided or made available by any user on the Platform or on any external websites linked to within the Platform. In particular, Global Forums AS does not warrant or represent that said data and/or information is true or accurate, or that it fulfills or serves any particular purpose. Global Forums AS cannot be held liable for any information that you may have depended upon while using the Platform.
8. Limitation of Liability
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GLOBAL FORUMS AS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO THE PLATFORM.
- Whatever the legal grounds, liability for damage claims based solely on ordinary negligence against Global Forums AS (including its vicarious agents) shall exist only if Global Forums AS breaches a basic/cardinal obligation under these Terms. A cardinal obligation is an obligation that the user can expect to be fulfilled, and whose fulfillment is a prerequisite to the ordinary execution of the contract. In the event of such a breach, the amount of claims are limited to typical and foreseeable damages.
- Limits shall not apply to the extent damages are covered by Global Forums AS’s business liability insurance, providing that the insurance company has effected payment to Global Forums AS. Global Forums AS will maintain the insurance coverage existing at the time this contract is concluded.
- The above liability exclusions and limitations shall not apply in the event of the assumption of express guarantees by Global Forums AS or its vicarious agents, or in the event that promised features are lacking.
- You shall indemnify and exempt Global Forums AS from all actions, including damage claims, asserted by other users or third parties against Global Forums AS resulting from an infringement of their rights by the content you posted on the Platform or the manner in which you used the Platform services. You assume all reasonable costs Global Forums AS incurs due to an infringement of third party rights, including all reasonable legal defense costs. All other rights, including damage claims by Global Forums AS , are hereby unaffected. You have the right to prove that Global Forums AS incurred lesser charges than claims made.
- The aforementioned obligations shall not apply to the extent you are not responsible for the infringement.
- In the event that your posted content infringes any rights of any third party, you shall at your own expenses and at Global Forums AS ‘s discretion, either obtain the right to use said content or render said content free of any infringement. In the event that you infringe third-party rights when using the Platform, you shall discontinue such use if so requested by Global Forums AS.
10. Data Protection
- Global Forums AS recognizes that any data you provide on the Platform is extremely important to you, and Global Forums AS shall therefore be particularly sensitive in handling such data. Global Forums AS shall comply with all applicable legal provisions regarding data protection (as per the European Data Protection Directives and any other applicable data protection legislation). Details on the treatment of your data are set forth in the separate Data Protection Policy.
12. Final Provisions
- These Terms and any subsequent amendments must be in writing to be valid. No secondary agreements exist. These Terms supersede and replace any prior version of these Terms agreed upon between you and Global Forums AS.
- Global Forums AS reserves the right to revise these Terms at any time. If the revision is material, Global Forums AS shall give due notice to all users. By continuing to access or use the Platform after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, invalid and/or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The place of performance and jurisdiction under these Terms and any related actions shall be Son, Norway. You consent to this venue and waive any objection.